Monday, September 01, 2008

Event for the Semester: July Part 2

6th July 2008

Sunny day, this is the by far largest gathering and event by IA Year 3 Semester 2 class. Today we are heading to Sg. Gadai waterfall which is near Ampang. We headed there early in the morning only to face traffic jam at the Federal Highway. This must be a joke. Fortunately it was not a heavy traffic. We gathered at Chee Foo's house. His father is actually the Penghulu for Kg. Ampang Baru. He resides in a double storey bungalow house, his porch is big enough to 4 cars I think!

Chee Foo brought us to a nearby Yong Tau Foo restaurant for breakfast. Ampang is famous for its yong tau foo for your info. Since it's nearby, we did some morning exercise by walking there.

Let's roll....walking past the temple.

The yong tau foo place is fully packed with people on a Sunday morning, the photo above is only part of the shop. Very nice yong tau foo, I'm getting all hungry now recalling the taste.

Then it was time to depart to our destination, Sg. Gadai Waterfall. If you ask me how to go there, I can't remember! I doubt many can remember the route there. 4 cars on the move...
Part of our convoy:
We stopped at a road sign waiting for Khai Chuan's friend to lead us to there. Notice the signboard says Waterfall 14 km:
We finally reached there after some time. We had to climb like a gazillion stairs before reaching a nice spot. On a Sunday morning, it's expected there's many people.
Waterfall!
Group photos:
The water is very very cold!!! Compared to taking a cold shower or swimming in the pool, this is twice the coldness...brrr.....Then it was lunch time, picnic style. Self made sandwiches, boiled eggs, water, other tidbits.
Lu tengok apa? ("What are you looking at?")

Alex with a very lansi face. Someone please throw him off into the water! :P

It was a good experience as it's my first trip to a waterfall. But I must say it is quite tiring to climb up and down the waterfall. Also, the toilets there are really really dirty. Too dirty that even I can't bear to stand and pee in there!

Goodbye Sg. Gadai, will come back next time!

No comments: