Today, Friday 23rd of January 2009, is just another busy working day of my life. The permanent staffs of CSC Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. received an e-mail from the management stating that all staffs celebrating Chinese New Year(including trainee and temporary staff) are allowed to leave the office premises early at 2 p.m. However, this is subject to discretion of each staff's department supervisor/manager/superior.
Well of course, as many in MRC predicted, we were not allowed to leave early because our department is one of the support team. If there's work, or customer walk-ins, the job must be done. All work must be cleared before one can leave. The printer section team are allowed to leave once they cleared their tasks, while the Lenovo section team (me included in) are only allowed to leave later, once there are no customers and work is done. Yap, my immediate superior/supervisor informed me that I can leave at about 3-4 p.m. but I must first consult Weng Woy if there's more work to do.
The trainees in our department, Claire and Eddy, as well as a few other trainees from the MIS department were allowed to leave at 2 p.m. They were lucky, especially Claire. Because at 3p.m., Wong logged in more work for us to do. The printer section team was furious because there were like 3-4 big printers logged in. Meanwhile, there were more Tape drives, HDD, and mouse for Claire. All this I had to do instead, but I haven't touch them yet. The only HDD I touched was the one which Claire performed scandisk. One HDD tested good.
I was getting busier by the minute, and to be able to leave at 4 p.m. seems just like a dream. Now I was thinking if I had to work OT to settle my things. I had to settle my things in the Lenovo section and also in Cisco section. Racing against time, I tried my best to complete my tasks in the fastest way possible. Yap brought in a box of mandarin oranges, specially for us GMP Recruit agency contract staffs. However, I passed all of the mandarin oranges to all MRC staffs including Esther, Bob, Wai Man, and Yap. They are not GMP Recruit agency contract staffs, but it does not matter. What matters is the kam (mandarin oranges) are passed to everyone.
It was around 4++ in the evening, Yap, Andrew, and Johnson was leaving already. The printer section basically completed what they need to settle for the day. Most of the departments are already closed. The last to close before MRC was the Store department, at 4++ p.m. I was still doing my work. Almost close to 5 p.m., mum called. I told her I had to stay back to finish my work instead of leaving at 2-3 p.m.
It was 5 something in the evening. Esther left soon, and I was close to be able to go home. By the time I had settled my things and go home, it was 5.30 p.m., only half an hour earlier than my usual working hours. I ride Kelvin's car, Wai Man and Weng Woy was about to leave as well. Bob left earlier than me.
If I'm not mistaken, Cheong had to stay back and possibly work OT. He still had things to settle by the time I left.
Work sux when you can't leave earlier to celebrate CNY with your family and friends.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
really so much items logged in to me?
i am so sorry that need you settle it for me. @@
Today I went back to office, I saw more things on your table. But not alot la. Just need to do :P
Post a Comment